The Aqua Quest Hoopla bivvy bag is a comfortable hooped bivvy bag that is both breathable and waterproof. It’s extremely light weight and small when packed away, making it a great option for those looking for a reliable, low priced bivvy bag that offers a little more comfort than the traditional military style bivvy bags. It comes with a set of aluminium polls out of the box, is easy to setup and rated for use all-your round, making it a great choice if you’re looking for the benefits and features of a more premium bivvy bag on a budget.
This Aqua Quest bivvy bag is made from laminated ESTER PU Coated 70-D RipStop Nylon Taffeta and has a hydrostatic resistance rating of 10,000mm, making it completely waterproof and rated for all four seasons, perfect for use throughout the year. The combination of its compact pack size and light weight, coming in at just 1.1kg, this bivvy bag is extremely easy to carry around with you in your pack when hiking, cycling or simply camping out in the great outdoors.
Overall, if you’re looking for a hooped bivvy bag than you won’t find much better than this for your money. It’s well built, compact, light and won’t let you down in even the heaviest of rain showers, making it a great addition to any campers kit.
- Weight: 1.1kg (including pegs)
- Dimensions: 230cm(L) x 90cm(W) x 70cm(H)
- Pack Size: 40cm(L) x 13cm(W)
- Seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Waterproof and Breathable Laminated ESTER PU Coated 70-D RipStop Nylon Taffeta (10,000 mm Hydrostatic Resistance, 3,000 g/m2/day)
- Heat Taped Seams for Increased Impermeability
- Extremely Lightweight and Compressible Material
- Ultra Convenient Single Aluminum Pole Set-Up
- Outside Layer Rolls Down To Base Providing Excellent Insect Protection
- Fixed Rear Panel Mesh For Added Circulation and Condensation Prevention
- Front Vent Increases Circulation and Breathability
- Clear TPU Window Allows for a Clear View of the Beautiful Night Sky
Five Stars, 7 Jan. 2015
Good for the money
Good protection from water. Takes little space in a backpack and is quite lightweight., 11 Aug. 2014
None of the group believed that I will be dry in the morning, but I think I slept better than most of them. Zippers work well without hitches. When unzipped provides quite a large opening through which you can comfortably sleep in the sleeping bag. This is an advantage compared to other similar bivys. Membrane provides good protection from water. A slight condensation of the moisture in the exhaled air appears and collects in the lower part behind the head (sometimes drops on your nose) but this is not a problem. The only disadvantage compared with larger tents is that you can not get the backpack and shoes inside. And you can not put a raincoat before you leave the bivy. This is not a problem of the product but the concept. If it does not rain in the morning everything is OK.
aqua-quest bivi, 16 April 2014
this is the bivi you can buy for the money i have had tera nova bivi and the aqua-quest bivi is the best i have ever had, so i would say buy aqua-quest.
Read more user reviews