Best Hooped Bivvy Bags 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
Last updated: September 17, 2017 at 4:20 am
Best Hooped Bivvy Bags 2017
Here are our picks of the best hooped bivvy bags on the market. We’ve chosen these passed on their carry weight, waterproof rating, quality and value for money, making it easier to select which bags is best for you.
If you’re looking for more traditional, military style bags you can find out which we recommend on our best military bivvy bags page. Alternatively, to see all of the bivvy bags we recommend, regardless of their style, visit our best bivvy bags or bivvy bag reviews pages.
The SnugPak Stratosphere bivvy bag is an ultra-lightweight, full-featured alternative to a traditional one man tent, offering all of the benefits of a tent whilst having the compact size, portability and pack size of a bivvy bag. It’s also suited for use throughout the year, as it’s rated for all 4 seasons.
Highly waterproof, the outer and bottom layers of Snugpak Stratosphere have a hydrostatic rating of 5,000 and 8,000 respectively, making it great in all weather. It also features an in-built mosquito net in its hood that keeps out bugs, a meshed ventilation section for increase breathability and is fully zipped on one side.
The SnugPak Stratosphere weights in at just over 1kg and comes complete with a compressions sack and a set of 7 ultralight alloy pegs for the canopy. All in all, for the money you’re not going to get a much better bivvy bag than this, and it’s hands-down one of the best from the SnugPak bivvy bag range.
- Zip: Full length side zip
- Fabric Outer: 50D Nylon Rip stop (5000mm HH)
- Highly Breathable (5000g/ m2 Moisture Permeability)
- Fabric Bottom: 70D Nylon Taffeta with PU coating (8000mm HH)
- Poles: 8.5 mm Aluminium (Outside diameter) with screw lock tip
- Seams are waterproof and taped
- Stands up to severe weather
- Small Pack size
- Ultralight alloy pegs
- Weight: 1.13kg (including pegs)
- Dimensions: 230cm(L) x 106cm(W) x 49cm(H)
- Pack Size: 31cm(L) x 14cm(W)
- Seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
The Aqua Quest Hoopla bivvy bag is a highly waterproof, breathable and comfortable bivvy bag that is lightweight, small and compact, as well as great value for money. It comes complete with an aluminium pole that is quick and easy to setup. It’s also suited for all-year-round use, having been rated for all 4 seasons.
Constructed from laminated ESTER PU Coated 70-D RipStop Nylon Taffeta, this bivvy offers a high hydrostatic resistance rating of 10,000mm which makes it extremely waterproof. This Aqua Quest bivvy bag is also pretty light weight, coming in at 1.1kg and has a compact pack size, making it extremely portable and easy to carry whether you’re taking it out camping, cycling, hiking or indeen any other outdoor activity.
In conclusion, there are better hooped bivvies on the market, however, considering the Aqua Quest Hoopla’s low price point makes it great value for money, we’d recommend it as a good buy as for the money you’re not going to find a better quality hooped bivvy than this.
- Waterproof and Breathable Laminated ESTER PU Coated 70-D RipStop Nylon Taffeta (10,000 mm Hydrostatic Resistance, 3,000 g/m2/day)
- Heat Taped Seams for Increased Impermeability
- Extremely Lightweight and Compressible Material
- Ultra Convenient Single Aluminum Pole Set-Up
- Outside Layer Rolls Down To Base Providing Excellent Insect Protection
- Fixed Rear Panel Mesh For Added Circulation and Condensation Prevention
- Front Vent Increases Circulation and Breathability
- Clear TPU Window Allows for a Clear View of the Beautiful Night Sky
- Weight: 1.1kg (including pegs)
- Dimensions: 230cm(L) x 90cm(W) x 70cm(H)
- Pack Size: 40cm(L) x 13cm(W)
- Seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Cross aluminum pole design, increasing the stability of tent, makes the tent able to anti-wind.
- The aluminum tent pegs, lightweight and strong. Robust tent feet with copper rings, anti-tear.
- Mesh in the top and ventilation window makes it breathable and ventilation when you sleep in it, anti-mosquito.
- Portable: the package size is 48 x 12 x 12 cm. It only occupies a small part of your backpack.
- Pre-sealed, seams, double stitching.
- Internal mesh pocket.
- Fly:40D 360T PU5000MM waterproof silicon coated squares nylon, double stitching
- Floor: 210T PU10000MM waterproof coating nylon, seam taped, double stitching
- Floor size: 7 feet 5 inches by 2 feet 6 inches
- Height: 1 feet 2 inches
- Packed size: 1’7″ x 4″ x 4″
- Weight (including all accessories): 2 pounds 2 ounces