Best Emergency Bivvy Bags 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
Last updated: September 17, 2017 at 4:52 am
Here is our list of the emergency bivvy bags we recommend. We’ve chosen these based on quality, carry weight, waterproof rating and the value for money that they offer, helping to make it easier to choose the right survival bivvy.
|Bivvy Bag Name||Fabric||Waterproof||Weight||Pack Size|
|Sol Escape Bivvy|
|Sol Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy|
|SE EB122OR Emergency Sleeping Bag|
|Highlander Survival Bag|
|BCB CL044 Emergency Survival Bag|
The SOL Escape Bivvy is an ultra-lightweight, compact bivvy bag that’s breathable, highly waterproof and wind resistance, that is designed to be used as an emergency survival bivvy or as an alternative to a traditional sleeping back in temperatures upward of 9 degrees centigrade.
Made from a proprietary fabric, the SOL Escape bivvy is designed to let moisture escape, whilst at the same time keeping our wind, rain and snow on the outside. This fabric is also highly reflective, preventing your body heat from escaping, helping to keep you warm.
The bag can either be sealed completely, using it’s drawstring hood closure and side zip, although it can also be left open, turning it into more of a traditional sleeping bag. It’s only comes in high-visibility orange, making it easy for rescuers to spot in an emergency situation, even in areas with lots of tree cover.
All in all, the SOL Escape bivvy is a great bit of kit, and the best product in the Adventure Medical Kits bivvy bag range, that is perfect to take with you on all outdoor activities due to it’s low carry weight and small pack size. In our opinion this is the best-in-class emergency bag currently on the market, definitely worth a buy for anyone who enjoys the outdoors.
- A bivvy that breathes: Stay warm and dry in the original backcountry emergency shelter that stays dry while you heat up.
- Weather the Elements: Highly water-resistant fabric keeps you dry even in wet, soggy conditions.
- Stay Warm: Reflects 70% of radiated body heat.
- All-season Durability: Hard-wearing fabric resists punctures and tears through heavy use.
- High-visibility orange exterior: Makes it easy for rescuers to spot you even in areas with high tree cover.
- Size: 84″ x 31″
- Weight: 8.5 oz.
- Group Size: 1 Person
- Trip Duration: Multiple Days
The Adventure Medical Kits Headsheets Emergency Bivvy is constructed from the very same proprietary, ultra-light heat-reflective polyethylene material as the company’s world-famous emergency blankets, a material that reflects as much as 90% of your body heat back to you. However, unlike an emergency blanket, this bivvy can be sealed shut, providing protection from the wind, rain and snow, in addition to the protection it offers from the cold.
Just like it’s more expensive cousin, the SOL Escape Bivvy, it can be used as a stand-alone bivvy bag in temperatures above 9 degrees centigrade, or as an alternative to a traditional sleeping bag, being used with or without an additional bivvy. It is also only available in bright, high-visibility orange, due to it’s primary use as an emergency bivvy.
In conclusions, the Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy is a great bit of low-cost, essential kit for anyone who loves the great outdoors, making it one of the products we most highly recommend.
- Bright orange exterior is easy to spot, even in bad weather
- Heatsheets material is composed of vacuum-metalized polyethylene, providing
- durable yet quiet protection
- Bivvy provides protection from water and wind; it’s sized to shelter 1 adult
- Comes with its own nylon stuff sack for convenient stowage
- Made in USA
- Best Use: Backpacking
- Dimensions: 84 x 36 inches
- Weight: 3.8 ounces